Select to view content in your preferred language

Copying Display Filter symbology to multiple layers in ArcGIS Pro

08-29-2021 09:43 PM
Labels (1)
andrewdc_tt
Regular Contributor

I'm creating a multiscale map of contour lines, with the intention of publishing vector tiles. To do this, I've used a combination of scale based symbology and display filters to control when and how different contour intervals show (e.g. 1m, 2m, 5m etc.) at different scale levels.

However, when I try and copy this symbology to different layers, only the scale based symbology gets copied - the display filters do not get applied to the new layer. 

Is there any way to apply display filter setting like regular symbology to layers with the same schema? I have many contour datasets with different sources, and merging them into a single layer would be challenging due to the quantity of data.

For context, the settings of my layer's symbology are shown below, using a contour index field representing intervals (1,2,5,10,20,50):

AndrewDouglasClifford_0-1630297813500.png

AndrewDouglasClifford_1-1630297839510.png

2 Replies
AmyHut
by
Emerging Contributor

I don't have an answer for this, but have the same question. @andrewdc_tt did you ever find a way to save display filters to apply to another layer?

I thought they would be saved along with other symbology settings when I save as a layer file, but it doesn't seem to work that way. 

0 Kudos
Bitzios01
New Contributor

I had the same issue with trying to apply filters to multiple layers. So far my solution is to save the filters and then load the filter in the new layer.

I only had four layers to apply the filer to, unsure if there's a way to do it over a lot of layers.

Bitzios01_2-1719286756380.png

Bitzios01_1-1719286743598.png

0 Kudos