Select to view content in your preferred language

Copy Raster yields only 3-bands from Hyperspectral Mosaic Dataset (Pro)

04-05-2019 10:41 AM
TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I have a Mosaic Dataset of drone-based Hyperspectral (270 bands) imagery.  The data is comprised of multiple flight paths and is sewn together with seamlines that I created. I am using Pro v2.3.2 (Basic License)

When exporting the Mosaic Dataset to a merged raster (.img), using the "Copy Raster" geoprocessing tool, the image that is being outputted is only 3 bands - I am losing all of the other bands.  I have tried numerous file types - tif's grids within a gdb, everything outputs the same 3 band imagery, and tried every setting imaginable, including Environment settings. I am exporting as 32 bit float pixel depth (same as the input imagery) and am NOT checking the "Colormap to RGB" box.

I have confirmed that the original Mosaic Dataset contains all 270 bands of imagery.  

Curiously In ArcMap I am hitting an out of memory error (which makes sense) after the process runs for a good deal of time (an hour maybe).  To me this probably means all the bands are exporting correctly in ArcMap. However, when running in Pro the process finishes quickly and exports only 3 bands.  Same exact settings... 

The only conclusion I can come to here is that there is a potential bug where the tool is running as if the "Colormap to RGB"  setting is always checked.

Thanks
Tyler

0 Kudos
12 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you, Tyler.  The team is looking into this.

TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Kory, I think I am trying to understand if its reproducible or not.  If it is not, that would seem to indicate an issue with the dataset, if it is, an issue with Pro.  Unfortunately this is the only hyperspectral data I have access to at the moment.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yes, it looks like the raster team has entered an issue for this that is specific to the Copy Raster tool.  

Testing with a 4 band Mosaic Dataset, so I expect to get 4 bands in the output.

We reproduce what you first described using Copy Raster.

But if I right-click my MD > Export Raster, I get the 4 bands:

0 Kudos