Select to view content in your preferred language

Copy and Paste Features

10-18-2016 11:52 AM
AmeliaNewsam
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am having trouble copying and pasting features.  When I move the copied feature to it's new location, the old feature disappears.  It's still in the attribute table, but it seems to move to the new location along with the new, pasted feature.  Even though only one feature is highlighted in the attribute table, they both seem to move.

Also, is there any way to flip a feature?  I have lots of identical rooms to digitize, all the same size, but with doors on either left or right, so I'd like to flip a feature with the door on the left to one with the door on the right.

thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

This is probably due to map topology, which is on by default for new maps. You can toggle map topology on/off in the manage edits group on the edit tab. With map topology on, coincident features such as those after a copy paste, will move together. This will be slightly changed in 1.4 where pasted features can be moved individually even if map topology is enabled. The copy/paste experience will also be enhanced in future releases.

Regarding the flipping of features, In ArcMap you can do this with the editors mirror tool (hidden in the customize dialog). This tool has not been ported to Pro yet.

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Regular Contributor

Thanks Sean!  (just saw this reply)

0 Kudos