Select to view content in your preferred language

Control Measure Line symbol extends arrows past marking item when in Layout view

Thursday
Labels (1)
ckellow
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am trying to make a dimension line using a symbology with arrows at both ends with the control measure line effect. When in the Map view, the line seems to be perfect where the arrow "tips" are directly point to the object I want them to point to. This is the case when I zoom out or in, the arrow "tips" adjust and continue pointing directly to the object I want them to point to. 

Screenshot 2024-06-20 093254.png

Now when I switch into the layout view for the map, those same arrow "tips" are now extended past the object I want them to point to. This causes a problem as I need them to directly indicate that they are pointing to the object and not some random space. 

Screenshot 2024-06-20 093303.png

Please let me know what you think and how to solve this issue. I'm sorry that I cannot zoom further out as the work that is being conducted is somewhat confidential at the moment (but I assume someone could probably figure out what the work is). 

Thank you for any and all help. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like your scale has changed when you go to the layout view. You can set the scale in your map and layout views to match, and then you'll see the same thing in both views. A reference scale may also be helpful, learn more here https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/properties/map-reference-scales.htm

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos