Company Sales Region Map

04-25-2023 09:45 AM
dgwilliam
New Contributor

Hello Community,

I need to create a sales region map for my business, and I'm not sure where to start. 

I need to break Florida into 6 different regions that aren't based on any predefined lines (eg. county, postal code, etc) but just by slicing Florida into 6 arbitrary regions.

I would like it to keep the outline of the state of Florida, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.   

I uploaded an example image of what I'm trying to do from a map perspective.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing to try if you're seeking 6 random polygons is the Subdivide Polygon GP tool...

0 Kudos
dgwilliam
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

Is there a way to start with a polygon of Florida and divide it by drawing and just cutting the polygon ? 

Also, what is the best repository to get a polygon layer of the states ? 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Certainly - you can use the "Split a feature" modification tool and do it manually to the State of Florida polygon.

For Florida GIS data, you can go to the Florida Geospatial Open Data Portal here and download the data.  For other States, you can also use the Catalog  Pane in ArcGIS Pro and in the Catalog Pane, click the Portal word towards the top, then click the Cloud for all portal and search for online data there to download and use.

0 Kudos
GaryMorris2
New Contributor III

You can download boundary polygons for almost any area of interest in the United States at Census.gov.  You can download National, State, County and many more different geographic types.

0 Kudos