Cloud Store Functionality

Jump to solution
03-30-2021 01:46 PM
Labels (2)
ZakaryLegarda
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Pro to connect to the NOAA NDFD Cloud Store. 

I've created this connection through "New Cloud Storage Connection" 

Service Provider: AMAZON

Bucket (Container) Name: noaa-ndfd-pds/opnl/AR.conus/VP.001-003

Access Key ID: (blank)

Secret Access Key: (blank)

Region: US East (N. Virginia)

Service Endpoint: s3-external-1.amazonaws.com

Provider Options:

Name: ARC_DEEP_CRAWL | Value: YES

Name: AWS_NO_SIGN_REQUEST | Value: YES

Once the cloud store is connected. I try to drag and drop the data and ArcGIS Pro instantly crashes. 

Has anyone linked to a cloud store before? Has anyone worked with NOAA NDFD data before?

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Zakary Legarda
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I just tested this workflow in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 beta 1 and I do not experience a crash so it's likely this has been fixed by the product team in 2.8. The public beta will be available in the next few weeks if you want to test that out on your end.

thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I just tested this workflow in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 beta 1 and I do not experience a crash so it's likely this has been fixed by the product team in 2.8. The public beta will be available in the next few weeks if you want to test that out on your end.

thanks,

Andrew

ZakaryLegarda
New Contributor III

Thank you so much Andrew! My issue is resolved.

Zakary Legarda
0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear 🙂

ZakaryLegarda
New Contributor III

Hello Andrew! Thank you so much for your reply! I did an update on my ArcGIS Pro. The version I now have is 2.7.2. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the crashes. Do you know when can I expect to see an update available for 2.8?

I've contacted technical support and I am still waiting to hear back while they work through the issue. If you have any additional advice, I would love to hear.

Zakary Legarda
0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zakary,

ArcGIS Pro 2.8 is tentatively targeted for release in May. There will be a beta release earlier than that if you're interested within the next 2-3 weeks. If you are I can send you the information to sign up when it comes out.

thanks,

Andrew

ZakaryLegarda
New Contributor III

That would be great! My email is Zakary.Legarda@oem.ok.gov

Zakary Legarda
0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds good i'll reach out when the beta is open!

Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zakary,

The next beta is about to be released so you'll be receiving an email shortly with instructions for joining the beta. If you have any issues you can post in the beta forum and the responsible team will get back to you pretty quickly.

thanks,

Andrew

ZakaryLegarda
New Contributor III

Hello Andrew,

I appreciate your ability to provide this information to me. I did receive the early adopter email and I am waiting on approval of my application. I will keep you updated on this solution.

Thank you,

Zak

Zakary Legarda
0 Kudos