Clear browser cache in ArcGIS Pro SAML login?

04-19-2021 12:21 AM
JoëlHempenius3
Occasional Contributor II

One of my clients has an ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise with SAML login configured. Last friday, there was an update of the SAML login page and this caused all ArcGIS Pro to fail on the SAML login page. 
When I tried to dig into this problem from my side using multiple clients and Pro versions (2.5.1 and 2.7.3) I could not reproduce the error. Important detail however is that my ArcGIS Pro is using another ArcGIS Online org from my employer.  Therefore, if the browser component uses a cache, mine would be empty, because I never opened the old SAML login page. The ArcGIS pro machines however were used with the previous version of the SAML login page. I therefore think the browser component in ArcGIS Pro caches some old script files, which cause the loginpage to fail. 
Can somebody confirm the browser component uses a cache?
Is there a method to empty the cache (if it exists)?

-Joël Hempenius.

Languages: JavaScript, Python and Dunglish
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What happens if you remove all the Portal/AGOL connections from ArcGIS Pro, also remove any Portal connections from ArcGIS Administrator (except https://www.arcgis.com/).

Restart ArcGIS Pro. Add the connections again.

Jayanta_Poddar_1-1618826505592.png

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1618825973494.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
JoëlHempenius3
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for your response. 
However, the problem turned out to have a different cause. As it turned out, ArcGIS Pro 2.5 uses a modern browser when the operating system has a modern browser installed (I tested this with Edge Chromium). But when only Internet Explorer is available, this old browser is used in Pro 2.5 to render the login pages with. The recent update to the SAML login of my client turned out to be no longer compatible with Internet Explorer. 
I was able to fix it for one machine by installing Edge and applying a patch for 2.5 and after these changes, the login window in ArcGIS Pro used Edge. 
When you right click in the login screen, a context menu will be shown, if it's long and classic Windows style, IE is used, when it's short and no classic Windows Style, Edge is used. 
Another interesting difference between 2.5 and 2.7 is that 2.7 has a cefSharp.browsersubprocess and after some digging around, ArcGIS Pro seems to be shipped with it's own browserengine and should therefore no longer depend on the OS browser. 
It was decided the best solution for the login problems was to upgrade ArcGIS Pro to 2.7.3 (latest) as soon as possible (originally scheduled for this summer). 

-Joël Hempenius.

Languages: JavaScript, Python and Dunglish
0 Kudos