Check in ArcGIS Pro license-named user

Jump to solution
08-24-2018 06:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I checked out an ArcGIS Pro license to work offline (it is set up with named users). When I try to check it back in- I am asked to log into our enterprise account, which I do and then I get the following message. How do I get around this so I can use my pro license?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes.  Only Customer Service can reset online/offline accounts status in AGOL organization.  

View solution in original post

15 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

on the machine you checked it out on, follow

Start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

and make sure you log in to the correct place

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dan, 

Thank you for the information, yet I am still having issues because the computer I checked to worked offline is my laptop and trying to get it activated on back on my laptop

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

John, are you also checking in the license with the same username/password that you used to check out the license? Same machine and same sign-in credentials?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tim- Yes I am

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

Does your organization have another account? If so, can you reproduce the issue using that account on any other system with Pro installed?  If you can, there is something wrong with the organization.  You can contact Customer Service to resolve the issue.  If you cannot, we can then focus our attention on ArcGIS Pro on your system.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have our AGOL organization which the license is managed by and we have an Enterprise Portal for ArcGIS, which I was logged into to be able to publish. If I try to use my portal log in- in general it states portal is not set up to manage licenses

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

John Watermolen‌ When you start Pro, it should use the borrowed license.  Go to the Licensing tab.  Under Settings, it should display the account you used to take the license offline.  It should also display the Portal you used to take the license offline from.  Does it display https://www.arcgis.com for AGOL or your Enterprise Portal URL?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to open pro- it goes right to the log into organization account screen - I can't even use the software- If that makes sense. 

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide me a screen capture of the login dialogue?

0 Kudos