Chart Missing Item Label in Legend in Pro 2.7

06-11-2021 12:05 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am migrating from Pro 2.6 to Pro 2.7 and have encountered an issue with 2.7 not properly showing Chart 'legend' items.  In Pro 2.6 the chart correctly shows all entries in the Chart Legend

I have included two screen shots.  The 'good' chart displayed in the attachment "CorrectChartPro26" shows the correct entries in the Chart Legend "Combined", "Salt" and "Verde"

The second screen shot displays the Chart in Pro2.7.  "InCorrectChartPro27" is missing the "Verde" entry.

These attachments also show the "Series" tab from the Chart properties.  Both the 2.6 version and the 2.7 version show the list of entries.  They both show the 3 values, though the 2.7 chart is missing the "Verde" entry.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I am not sure where I can manipulate this in Pro to make the "Verde" label appear in the chart

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi  TomCox,

Unfortunately, we were not able to reproduce this issue using internal test data. If possible, you may try upgrading to Pro 2.8 to see if the issue is resolved.  If upgrading does not resolve the issue, we might be able to diagnose if you are able to share your dataset and/or project with us (which you can email to callen@esri.com).

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
KelleeKoenig1
Occasional Contributor

I am using Pro 3.1.2 and trying to insert a pie chart into my layout with a legend. When I noticed a legend label is truncated, I increase the element's width until it appears. pie chart layout 1.png

However, with this chart making it wider doesn't appear to fix it (nor would I want the chart that far from its legend!). 

pie chart layout 2.png

Is there a setting to help resolve this?

Thanks,
Kellee

  

0 Kudos
ChristopherAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi @KelleeKoenig1 ,

This is likely due to a bug that has been fixed in the 3.2 release. If you are able to share your data/project (email: callen@esri.com), I'd be happy to take a look to ensure that it's been fixed in 3.2.

In the meantime, as a workaround I would suggest that you try adjusting the font properties to see if that allows you to see the full labels. This can be done in the Format tab of the Chart Properties pane:

ChristopherAllen_0-1694712377713.png

Take care,

Chris

0 Kudos