Catalog Geography View

Jump to solution
08-06-2019 07:17 AM
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Greetings All!

Back in the old, pre-Pro days I often used ArcCatalog - geography view, to review my files and geodatabases for content to assist  in determining which feature contained the points/lines/polygons I desired before I ever added them to an mxd.

Is this functionality hidden somewhere in Pro Catalog View or is it just gone the way of the dodos?

Thanks and Pro on!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
6 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Ahhh. Thanks Kory. What about random shapefiles that are floating outside of the gdb environment?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Same...

RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Aha! Add my main data folder to Catalog and there they are. Do most users just save a Project and use it to review data as opposed to adding a folder every time research is needed? User choice I presume.

Thanks Kory! and thanks for your quick guidance!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sounds like you want to look into how to use Favorites: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/data-management/data-management/arcgis-pro-tips-this-might...

If you set a connection as 'Add To New Projects' it will always be present in any new project you create, or when you open Pro in untitled mode (i.e. without creating a project first).

There may be connections you want set this way, while there may be others that you want to be readily available, but not necessarily added to every project.  For the latter, simply add those to your Favorites.

Hope this helps.

RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kory! Good information. Gotta love collaboration.