Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot Sign into ArcPro Licensing Portal Connection without signing in using web browser

Jump to solution
10-23-2023 02:46 PM
Frank_SA
New Contributor II

Cannot Sign into ArcPro Licensing Portal Connection without signing in using web browser. I was previously able to directly input my credentials using the Portal Manager in the Upper Right corner of Pro. One day I changed a setting somewhere and now I can only sign into my Licensing Portal connection through a web browser that pops up whenever I need to reestablish my License Connection. 
screenshot is of the ArcPro Redirect to browser
This is very annoying is there any way I can go back to making my connection solely within Pro?
TY

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I've seen this before on my ArcGIS Pro before.  A couple things to try are:

1. In your browser, go to Settings and reset system settings.  This will reset your browser to their default values.
  2. Close ArcGIS Pro and do a soft reset of ArcGIS Pro by renaming the ESRI folder in both the C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to ESRI_OLD.
  3. Do some registry key magic listed here.  Be cautious on this one though.

View solution in original post

JonahLay
Esri Contributor

@Robert_LeClair's solution probably works, but there's an easier way to do this from the application. On the Portal's tab, there's a Sign in using browser option. If you uncheck it, you won't be redirected to a web browser next time you sign in.

JonahLay_0-1698165145304.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I've seen this before on my ArcGIS Pro before.  A couple things to try are:

1. In your browser, go to Settings and reset system settings.  This will reset your browser to their default values.
  2. Close ArcGIS Pro and do a soft reset of ArcGIS Pro by renaming the ESRI folder in both the C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to ESRI_OLD.
  3. Do some registry key magic listed here.  Be cautious on this one though.
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

@Robert_LeClair's solution probably works, but there's an easier way to do this from the application. On the Portal's tab, there's a Sign in using browser option. If you uncheck it, you won't be redirected to a web browser next time you sign in.

JonahLay_0-1698165145304.png

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha - you are correct Jonah - thx!

Frank_SA
New Contributor II

Ha, I did the Registery Refresh but yep I found the check box, settings are tucked away sometimes
The check box would have been easier
TY!

0 Kudos