Cannot select visible edges for labelling in a custom map grid

12-17-2021 08:20 AM
MartinJacquet
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm working with a custom grid and I want to display labels on only one edge.

As you can see on the screenshot, the selection tool is unavailable, when I click on "Selected" that cause arcgis to freeze for a moment and then it switch back to "All". It works perfectly for the ticks, I have no problem to use the "selected" option in this case.

MartinJacquet_0-1639757813847.png

Any tips that could solve the problem ?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
11 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That looks like it might be a bug. What version of Pro are you using? 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
MartinJacquet
New Contributor II

Yeah I found another post where the same issue was reported right after posting mine, it was indeed suggested that it's probably a bug. I contacted the support.

I'm working with 2.8.3

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000137542: Unable to select individual edge components when for.. (esri.com)

If this is the case, you should "Subscribe" to it to get notification and push up the issue count

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MartinJacquet
New Contributor II

Update : the bug doesn't occurs when I set my grid parameters before creating the map series.

0 Kudos
GaryHoaglund
New Contributor

Having the same issue when working with a map series.  Works fine out of a map series in a single layout.  Does anyone know if a fix was issued?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Subscribe ... on the link and you will get notified

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

ArcPro 2.8.0 also still does not accept this as fixed. The 'Selected' is still immediately reverting back to 'All'.

Edit: Also upgrade ArcPro to 2.9 and am still experiencing the same issue.

Edit: Upgraded to 3.1 and it still persists.. any other bugs to check?

BrendanCalhoun
New Contributor

Is there an updated bug link? The one shared previously said the issue was addressed in 2.7.2

0 Kudos
NW-AllyBuccanero-GISS
New Contributor III

I'm seeing this behavior today in 3.2.1. The edge selection option is available, and you can select one more edges, but it's as if there's no save action happening, just reverts back to All. I've never had this problem in previous Pro versions.