Cannot Select a Metadata Style in Pro

11-01-2018 02:39 PM
TimFast
New Contributor

I have been tasked with adding metadata to many of our shapefiles. In Pro when I go t set the metadata style, the dropdown is grayed out and the only option is FGDC CSDGM Metadata. We need to add metadata in either  the ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification or the ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification GML3.2 style, See below.

How can I activate the dropdown? I can enter the information in the ISO style in Arcmap but not Pro.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe the metadata needs to be upgraded to ArcGIS format before you can edit it. 

Upgrade metadata to the ArcGIS format—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes but the Upgrade options are disabled.  I have the same issue as Tim Fast.  When I click upgrade the options are grayed out.  If I hover over the options it has a dialogue box that reads: This command is currently disabled.  It says the layer needs to support metadata, have metadata content, and be writable.  I believe my feature checks all these boxes so am unsure where I am going wrong.  

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I suggest upgrading the metadata in ArcMap, and reporting the issue to Esri Support. This functionality is a recent addition to Pro so the developers really need to hear about issues to fix.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank  you!

JillianRizzo
Esri Contributor

I had this problem too... turns out I was editing the metadata in the catalog pane at the same time. Try closing out of your metadata edit session and try again 

EricSeguin
New Contributor II

All previous posts are antiquated.

I'm not sure if ESRI dealt with the issue yet but I have a roundabout solution to activate the possibility of changing the metadata. Simply save and close your project document. Open a new project, without actually creating one, click on settings and then go through options > metadata; and apply your new metadata format. Once you exit and reopen your existing project the metadata the selected metadata will be applied.

Geobunga
New Contributor III

Thank you Eric, we had the same problem and your solution worked.

0 Kudos