Cannot open raster attribute table in ArcGIS Pro

09-30-2016 02:40 PM
IgnacioGuerrero
New Contributor

Option to open attribute table is grayed out. Attribute table has been built. Verified in ArcMap that is works correctly.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it is a floating point raster like a dem temperature rainfall etc.... they have no table, you have to convert them to integer with or without scaling to retain decimals

IgnacioGuerrero
New Contributor

Digital numbers are 8-bit integers. I have verified that in ArcMap that the attribute table exists.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The other reason that a table won't exist is that there are too many classes.  In such a case you have to go to the the AdvancedArcMapSettings.exe and make changes there

Advanced ArcMap Settings utility—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

but there are limits to what you can change

0 Kudos
IgnacioGuerrero
New Contributor

It works perfectly well in ArcMap, the problem is on ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Yes I forgot, there is no advance setting utility.  

You only hope is finding access at the project level

Now for conventional geodatabases etc, there is information.

With a table size of over 2 billion records, even if that applied to a raster, you would have other issues even if the data type were an integer

Wendy
by
New Contributor

Hi! I'm having the same problem. I multiplied my data x 1,000,000 in R to eliminate the decimal point and exported it with datatype INT4S. I used Build Raster Attribute Table in ArcPro to build the attribute table. I can see that that worked, but the Attribute Table option is still grayed out in ArcPro. Any ideas?

Wendy_0-1623714912402.png

0 Kudos