Cannot connect to license manager

01-16-2024 10:58 PM
StatisticsMauritius
New Contributor

Hello

I am installing a concurrent user to Arc GIS Pro 2.9 and Arc GIS desktop 10.8.

I am receiving the following error. 

My License Manager is working fine as other users are able to connect and use the ARC GIS.

Grateful if someone can help me

Thanks

StatisticsMauritius_1-1705474566571.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

If you installed a new version of ArcGIS Pro, you may need to update the license server a newer/latest version.

0 Kudos
StatisticsMauritius
New Contributor

No its the same package that i have installed on other PCs previously..

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @StatisticsMauritius 

I was curious if the machine that cannot connect to the License Manager could possibly ping the machine that the License Manager is installed on? If they are able to successfully communicate, then there could be an issue with version inconsistencies.

What version is your license manager as well?

Cody

0 Kudos
StatisticsMauritius
New Contributor

Please find below the status of the license manager.....

License Server Status: RUNNING

---------------------------------------

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2022 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Wed 1/24/2024 09:48

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: 27000@ARCGISxxxxxxxx

License file(s) on ARCGISxxxxxxxx: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager\bin\service.txt:

ARCGISxxxxxxxx: license server UP (MASTER) v11.19.1

Vendor daemon status (on ARCGISxxxxxxxx):

ARCGIS: UP v11.19.1

Feature usage info:

Users of ACT: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of desktopBasicP: (Total of 4 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of desktopStdP: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of Editor: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of Viewer: (Total of 4 licenses issued; Total of 1 license in use)

"Viewer" v10.1, vendor: ARCGIS, expiry: permanent(no expiration date)

floating license

txxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dq.Bx3sI6{4"_A$oUD0`M9:'#l7)u (v10.1) (ARCGISxxxxxxxx/27000 255), start Wed 1/24 9:03

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @StatisticsMauritius 

Everything looks pretty great here, no visible issues that I can see and I've read your reply to AmnoyAm as well. If possible, I would reenter the link pointing to your License Manager, it could be possible that there is a space or an incorrect character. The only reason I suggest this is that you stated it is a new user.

Hope that helps at least a little!

Cody

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

There's not much information to work with.  That said, I would consider the following:

1.  Verify that your license manager has both Pro and Desktop licenses.  Each application has its own set of licenses.  Pro licenses cannot work for Desktop and vice versa.  

2.  Verify you have Pro pointing to the correct license manager.  Check your other system that is working and make sure the hostname for the license manager is identical.  

3.  Check communication.  Make sure you can ping the license manager from the Pro machine.  Ping the name you provided in Pro when trying to consume the concurrent use license.  

4.  Check the firewall.  If there is communication between the two systems and other machines can use the licenses from the same license manager, there must be something blocking the ports used.  Start with the Windows firewall on the machine.  Disable it if it's enabled.  If it has to be on, check our documentation on how to configure the license manager through a firewall.  

0 Kudos
StatisticsMauritius
New Contributor

Hello,

Please see my comments in block letters below.

Grateful if you may further help. Thanks

1.  Verify that your license manager has both Pro and Desktop licenses.  Each application has its own set of licenses.  Pro licenses cannot work for Desktop and vice versa.  YES.

2.  Verify you have Pro pointing to the correct license manager.  Check your other system that is working and make sure the hostname for the license manager is identical.  . YES ALL OTHER LAPTOPS HAVE SAME CONFIGURATION AND HOSTNAME

3.  Check communication.  Make sure you can ping the license manager from the Pro machine.  Ping the name you provided in Pro when trying to consume the concurrent use license.  YES. I AM ABLE TO PING THE SERVER

4.  Check the firewall.  If there is communication between the two systems and other machines can use the licenses from the same license manager, there must be something blocking the ports used.  Start with the Windows firewall on the machine.  Disable it if it's enabled.  If it has to be on, check our documentation on how to configure the license manager through a firewall. .. THE LAPTOP HAS THE SAME CONFIGURATION AS THE OTHER PCS..

0 Kudos
StatisticsMauritius
New Contributor

Please find below the status of the license manager.....

License Server Status: RUNNING

---------------------------------------

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2022 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Wed 1/24/2024 09:48

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: 27000@ARCGISxxxxxxxx

License file(s) on ARCGISxxxxxxxx: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager\bin\service.txt:

ARCGISxxxxxxxx: license server UP (MASTER) v11.19.1

Vendor daemon status (on ARCGISxxxxxxxx):

ARCGIS: UP v11.19.1

Feature usage info:

Users of ACT: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of desktopBasicP: (Total of 4 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of desktopStdP: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of Editor: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of Viewer: (Total of 4 licenses issued; Total of 1 license in use)

"Viewer" v10.1, vendor: ARCGIS, expiry: permanent(no expiration date)

floating license

txxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dq.Bx3sI6{4"_A$oUD0`M9:'#l7)u (v10.1) (ARCGISxxxxxxxx/27000 255), start Wed 1/24 9:03

0 Kudos
JoyMiles
New Contributor III

I had the same issue because we have a locked down environment where we only open Ports 27000-27009 as per the Esri inc. doco. To resolve the issue, you need to go to the lic manager installation directory and open the service.txt for editing.  The SERVER line should have port 27000 or other as required.  This is the port for the lmgrd.exe.  If the following entry is missing, you need to add it below the Server port line. VENDOR ARCGIS port=27009 or other that falls withing your firewall range.

0 Kudos