Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot clone environment for Deep Learning libraries in Pro

Jump to solution
11-22-2023 12:07 AM
EfiKonstantinidou
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I have trouble installing/ running the Deep Learning libraries in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. When I try to ‘clone environment’ the process hangs (no error message).

I have mainly followed the instructions provided in following links Link_1 , Link_2 , Link_3 . 

I also changed the Windows MAX_PATH limitation settings. There is no other Python installation on my system and I am using the only account (administrator). When installing Pro and Deep Learning libraries,pro_install.jpg I leave the default paths. In addition, today I’m getting following message when re-installing Pro (picture attached), which was not the case during earlier attempts. I suspect this could further hinder proper installation.

I cannot figure out what I’m doing wrong and I would be grateful if someone can help with this. I can also provide the various paths, upon request.

Many thanks,

Efi  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it looks like previous files were not removed.  I suggest not saving the installation files to default downloads so that you can keep track of versions that you have downloaded and installed.  Create a folder with subfolders by version, it makes housecleaning much easier when you need to reinstall software

The advice in here

Problem: ArcGIS pro Freezes on the Initializing Screen before the Sign in Dialog Box Displ (esri.com...

applies to any attempt to reinstall esri products to avoid conflicts

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it looks like previous files were not removed.  I suggest not saving the installation files to default downloads so that you can keep track of versions that you have downloaded and installed.  Create a folder with subfolders by version, it makes housecleaning much easier when you need to reinstall software

The advice in here

Problem: ArcGIS pro Freezes on the Initializing Screen before the Sign in Dialog Box Displ (esri.com...

applies to any attempt to reinstall esri products to avoid conflicts

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
EfiKonstantinidou
Emerging Contributor

Hello Dan,

Cloning worked this time, I had DL-libraries saved and extracted on disk but the Pro installer was in the downloads folder. You suggestion made it work, thank you!

My issue now is that package Deep Learning libraries does not show when I try to install the package in the cloned environment (pls see screenshot). Could you also help with this one?

Many  thanks,

EfiDL_2.jpg

0 Kudos
EfiKonstantinidou
Emerging Contributor

Update:

Reading this post , I checked the installed packages in the cloned envrionment with the

>>> conda list

commnand. Deep learning essential does show up there.

Does this mean that I'm ready to go, even if I cannot see the package in the Package Manager?

Cheers,

Efi

0 Kudos
EfiKonstantinidou
Emerging Contributor

Hi Dan, thanks for the input. You are referring to the message when re-installing Pro. Cloning the default python environment didn't work even before this message appeared. I will do what you suggest, re-try the procedure and update the thread. 

Cheers,

Efi

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

some of the packages may have been done with a 'pip' install which conda doesn't control...

if it works, don't worry about the package manager, a command line

>>> conda list

will provide you with the list of packages in your activated conda environment

... sort of retired...
EfiKonstantinidou
Emerging Contributor

Things are working so far, thank a lot Dan!

best,

Efi

0 Kudos