Cannot carry out analysis with Living Atlas layer

Jump to solution
11-22-2022 04:57 AM
Labels (2)
KatyAppleton1
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2, trying to use this Living Atlas layer:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=21b6b8cf5ce642f0841085aea1db51a4

as input to tools, primarily Zonal Stats As Table (in conjunction with a polygon layer in WGS84). This runs through the rasterisation of the polygon layer but then while Calculating Zonal Statistics returns: 

ERROR 999999
Bad syntax in request. (status code 400).

The same error (status code 400) is returned by Extract Values To Points, and Extract By Mask. Extract Values To Points also returned this instead of 999999:

ERROR 010555: Internal error in Sample: Cannot read raster:Chlorophyll.
Bad syntax in request. (status code 400).

There is no help page for error 010555.

The chlorophyll-a item description page states:

Analysis: This layer can be used as an input to geoprocessing tools and model builder. Units are in mg/m-2.  Do not use this layer for analysis while the Cartographic Renderer processing templates are applied.

I have therefore set Processing Templates to None, and also restricted the date range via the slider (I need an average for Oct '21 to April '22 within each of my polygons). Visually the chlorophyll data looks as I would expect.

Am I going about this analysis the right way?

Could it be as simple as the - in the layer name causing issues in raster analysis? (I found it interesting that the EVTP error calls the raster "Chlorophyll" not "Chlorophyll-a"). Simply renaming the layer in the ToC did not help, though.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KatyAppleton1

I raised this with UK Support who, after some back and forth, stated:

I have been liaising with my colleagues at Esri Inc and they have confirmed that the layer you are using has Accept Analysis set to Null: https://earthobs3.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/Chlorophyll/ImageServer

This is not limited to ArcGIS Pro, trying Zonal Statistics as Table in the Image for ArcGIS Online raster analysis tools also fails with an error.

We recommend that you reach out to the data provider for this data set in order to obtain a local copy for use in your analysis, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So the description of the layer as being available for analysis is wrong. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Just as a test, can you try to download this data to your network or local drive where you would have more control over the naming convention and try running the analysis tools again?

0 Kudos
KatyAppleton1

I don't think this is practical due to the size of the data. Export Raster just sits there and seemed to make no progress.

0 Kudos
KatyAppleton1

I raised this with UK Support who, after some back and forth, stated:

I have been liaising with my colleagues at Esri Inc and they have confirmed that the layer you are using has Accept Analysis set to Null: https://earthobs3.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/Chlorophyll/ImageServer

This is not limited to ArcGIS Pro, trying Zonal Statistics as Table in the Image for ArcGIS Online raster analysis tools also fails with an error.

We recommend that you reach out to the data provider for this data set in order to obtain a local copy for use in your analysis, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So the description of the layer as being available for analysis is wrong. 

0 Kudos