Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you create a field template for the attribute table with ArcGIS Pro?

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
VongThong
New Contributor

Hello, I'm currently working with Pro 3.2.2.
Is there a way to create a template for the attribute table so I can apply to multiple layers?
For example, I have 3 layers with the same fields.
On one of them, I only select 10 fields display and change the Aliases .
Is there a way to copy the attributes shown to the other 2 layers?
I know there is a way do this for symbology but for attribute table, is there anything?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Vong Thong!

In your post you mention attributes and fields. I'm not sure if you want to duplicate the fields or if you want to duplicate the attributes (the data in those fields).

You can do both, singly or together.

If you want to duplicate the fields, select a row from your feature class, then export data to a new feature class. You can then add data to this new feature by adding data from an app like field maps.

In the second case you can select a number of rows from your feature class and append (add data to) another feature class with the same set of attribute fields.

Am I understanding you correctly?  If not, please  tell us more about what you'd like to accomplish.

0 Kudos
VongThong
New Contributor

Thanks for replying.
So I have 3 layers which has all the same attributes fields.
For one of them, I only display like the Address and Day and Time.
I rewrite the aliases names of these fields as well to make them more user friendly to read.
Now, I want to have the same setup for the attribute tables for the remaining 2 layers.
Is there a way to copy the attribute setup of the 1st layer to the other 2 layers?

0 Kudos
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

Hi again Vong Thong!

I did a quick google search on "automate attribute table field changes arcgis pro" and found this wonderful help page: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/create-modify-and-delete-fi... . 

There is much useful information on how to do what you want to do. I found the information at the bottom of the page to be most relevant to your task.

Let us know if this information helped you.

0 Kudos