Can't set time in Editor Tracking

Jump to solution
05-01-2020 11:13 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.5, fgdb feature class.

I have a feature class in a fgdb that came with editor tacking turned on and the time set to utc.  I've since added a new feature class, and when I enable editor tracking for it, I can adjust the time setting. Not so with the existing feature class. This particular fgdb and fc came with the address data management solution if that matters...

That should just about do it....
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Joe Borgione perhaps

Note:

This tool cannot be used to disable tracking on a field, switch tracking from one field to another, or switch between UTC and database time. To perform any of these operations, disable editor tracking on the dataset before you run this tool.

Enable editor tracking—Geodatabases | Documentation 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Joe Borgione perhaps

Note:

This tool cannot be used to disable tracking on a field, switch tracking from one field to another, or switch between UTC and database time. To perform any of these operations, disable editor tracking on the dataset before you run this tool.

Enable editor tracking—Geodatabases | Documentation 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Dan Patterson.

It's a little clunky, but here is how I applied the change:

1. Right Click on feature class in a catalog pane; Properties, Editor Tracking and turn of Enable Editor Tracking
  2. Run the Enable Editor Tracking GP tool.  In my case I (re)added all the fields that were already tracking just to be sure, and then changed the time setting to Database Time
That should just about do it....