Can't save credentials to connection file

08-22-2019 05:06 PM
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am creating a secure WMS connection. and I'd like to save the username and password to the connection file, so that I can share with others.

I get the warning about the risks associated with saving credentials to connection file, but I know what I am doing, so I confirm the option I choose.

After the connection is created, I add the wms layer to my map, unexpectedly,  I am still prompted for password for the provided username. it seems the username are somehow saved in the connection file, but not the password.

The property of the connection shows the credential is save to Windows Credential Manager.

So is this a bug? is there a work around to allow the username and password to be saved in the connection file?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Just an update in case someone is searching for the answer for the same question.

This is a bug confirmed by ESRI.

BUG-000126431 : The option to save username and password to connection file is ignored for OGC services in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
mewi
by
New Contributor II

simo xu The bug seems fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.5. We  have tested it sucessfully in 2.5.1.

0 Kudos