Can esri world geocoder be used in composite locator?

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 12:57 PM
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

We have a requirement where we would want to use the service as a last resort if no matches can be found in our local locators. 

Thank you in advance!

Michael 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

FAQ: Can the World Geocoding Service be used with custom locators in a composite locator and publish... 

You could try something similar to these steps in ArcGIS Pro.

Think Location
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

Thanks Jayanta! I was able to do it in Pro, just had to be signed in to ArcGIS online when creating the locator. I believe the AGO account used to create the locator will be charged for credit consumption correct?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Batch Geocoding using ArcGIS World Geocoding Service will cost you credits (40 credits per 1,000 geocodes).

Credits by Capability - Understand Credits 

Think Location
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

Thanks, I don't think we will be doing any batch geocoding. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
GillesLavandier
New Contributor III

Hi Michael, could you explain in more detail how you managed to integrate the World Geocoding Service in a composite locator in ArcGIS Pro and publish it successfully to Portal? Whenever I try to publish a composite locator containing the mentioned service, I get this error:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/analyzer-error-messages/00361-locator-not-supp...

Thank you in advance!

Gilles

0 Kudos