Can ArcGIS Pro be used without online subscription?

06-07-2019 05:55 AM
SeanConway
New Contributor II

I am not part of an organization, and from everything I've read it looks like you have to be a named user with an organization or pay for an ArcOnline subscription on top of the ArcGIS Pro subscription.  Is this correct?  Is there no way for an individual to use it without paying at least $600 (personal license $100 + arconline $500) a year?

In the personal use license description it says it includes Pro, but I can't seem to license it.  My license only says it's good for 10.1-10.7. 

From the description:

The annual term license includes :

• ArcGIS Desktop Advanced
    • ArcGIS Pro
    • ArcMap, ArcCatalog
  • ArcGIS Online Creator User Type

I don't mind paying the $100/year for 10.7, but I would really like to try out Pro.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Welcome, Sean Conway! I'd like to help you out getting set up with Pro. The license should be automatically granted when you signed up for the personal use license by activating ArcGIS Online first. From here you should be able to log into ArcGIS Pro with your ArcGIS Online credentials associated with the personal use license.

If you're still seeing issues assigning the license, feel free to send me a direct message and I can connect you with Technical Support.

0 Kudos
SeanConway
New Contributor II

Thank you for the information, but I don't see any way to activate an online account.  I have a public acct, which Pro reminds me is public when I try to log in and can't use it.  When I purchased the personal use license it didn't give any instructions on activating anything  else online.  Is there a particular way or instructions you can point me to?  Sorry to sound obtuse about the process.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

The activation link should have been sent via email, but we can resend you the link to activate your subscription if you cannot locate the email. If you cannot locate the email, you can request it be resent by Customer Service.

Here are instructions to activate: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/activate-subscription.htm

SeanConway
New Contributor II

Christian,

Thank you very much for your help.  Contacted support and they were going to re-send me the invitation.  Waited an hour and it didn't come, called back and the second person I talked to said she sees why it might not have been delivered.  I received it while I was on the phone with her.  Very friendly folks over there and they got me everything I needed. 

Thanks again for your help.

ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear it, Sean, enjoy!

0 Kudos