Calculating Square feet in multiple buffers

Jump to solution
02-22-2021 12:50 PM
Labels (3)
JamesWenyon
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have a project where I have about 200 3 mile buffers and commercial Square foot data from parcels.

I want to be able to calculate how much commercial sqft is in each buffer. Each buffer will have its own field that has the total commercial sqft within the 3 mile buffer.

I'm stuck on how I can run a calculation of commercial sqft with the buffer layer and the parcel sqft data.

I was thinking maybe using a union, but I'm unsure if it will work. Any ideas that can point me in the right direction  would be helpful. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesWenyon
New Contributor III

I had tried this tool however I do not have the licensing for it since I am on the basic level of pro, but I was able to do a one to many spatial join and then summarize statistics to get what I wanted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesWenyon
New Contributor III

I had tried this tool however I do not have the licensing for it since I am on the basic level of pro, but I was able to do a one to many spatial join and then summarize statistics to get what I wanted.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Good stuff,  I'm guessing the coincident commercial polygons were fully contained by the buffer?  Otherwise I'm thinking the stats would be slightly off.

0 Kudos