BUG: All new numeric field values are rounded to whole numbers. How to edit the default display of attribute table fields?

02-16-2017 08:50 AM
LindsayUnderhill
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using ArcGIS Pro 1.4.0. My current problem is that all new numeric values (float and double) are being rounded into whole numbers in the attribute table. Since I am working with many small numbers, I have to manually change the numeric formatting to 5+ decimal places in order to view the data (otherwise every entry appears as a zero).

According to this ArcGIS Desktop help site (Formatting numeric fields in tables—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop ), "six is the default number of decimal places to display in the Table window." However, this does not seem to be the case for my version of ArcGIS. Is this a bug, or does anyone know how to globally change the default display of numeric values?

Many thanks,

Lindsay

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does this happen across the board with all back-end data types?  For example, are you working with shape files or feature classes?  If the latter, file geodatabase or enterprise geodatabase?  If you work with a different back-end data type, does it still happen?

Also, how are you editing or inserting new records?  In an edit session, through scripting, etc....

0 Kudos