Attribute transfer mapping in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-19-2017 12:32 PM
ChrisWilson2
New Contributor II

I have been looking this morning in Pro 1.4 for the equivalent of ArcMap's attribute transfer mapping tool from the spatial adjustment toolbar.  I have found the Transfer Attributes tool, but this now seems to only come with an advanced licence.  In ArcMap spatial adjustment and attribute transfer mapping were available even on a basic licence.

Is it now the case in Pro that one can only transfer attributes in this way with an advanced licence?  Or is there another tool or method to semi-automate attribute transfer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Chris, the spatial adjustment experience in ArcMap is "on the list" for Pro, but in the meantime the conflation tools you mention are available.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

From this thread pre 1.4 it wasn't available yet but I don't see it specifically mentioned here

0 Kudos
ChrisWilson2
New Contributor II

All I can find so far is the Transfer Attributes tool as mentioned, but with only standard and basic licences in our team it may not be usable in Pro.  So it may be cutting and pasting, or something might be workable using python.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Chris, the spatial adjustment experience in ArcMap is "on the list" for Pro, but in the meantime the conflation tools you mention are available.

0 Kudos
MaryBullington
New Contributor II

Bruce,

Has there been an update to the attribute transfer tool status for ArcGIS Pro.... ? Do you know where it is on the horizon?

thanks,
mary

JoshCox
New Contributor II

The Transfer Attributes tool in the Conflation toolset only works for linear features.  What makes the Attribute Transfer tool on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar so useful is it does not have the geometry limitations.  You can transfer attributes from a point feature to a polygon or line, or from line to polygon or point, etc.

ArthurPoon
New Contributor III

Are you talking about this Transfer Attributes tool in the Modify Features menu?

It appears that yes, it isn't restricted to geometry type, but it looks like you can only edit one feature at a time.

ArthurPoon_0-1640038412188.png

0 Kudos
ChrisRado
New Contributor II

I am seconding Josh's comments above about the Desktop version of the Attribute Transfer tool: "What makes the Attribute Transfer tool on the Spatial Adjustment toolbar so useful is it does not have the geometry limitations.  You can transfer attributes from a point feature to a polygon or line, or from line to polygon or point, etc."

This ArcGIS Desktop tool was enormously useful. Being able to transfer only attributes without affecting the geometry of the "to" or "from" features. I'm so disappointed it's not in ArcGIS Pro yet!

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This tool really needs to be added to Pro for all license levels like in ArcMap to get to equivalency.

Just another brick in the wall of missing features in Pro that are available in ArcMap.

Can we get a tentative time frame of when Attribute Transfer tool will be added to Pro?

SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

Have you submitted this to ArcGIS Ideas?

This functionality is very important and as others have said we need the ability to transfer attributes between various geometry types.