Attribute Tables Empty After Restarting Computer

04-20-2021 07:02 PM
Labels (3)
NoamAharon
New Contributor II
I was working on a project when I realized that some of the layers on my map were not showing up even though they were selected in the Table of Contents. I figured it was a graphics issue, since its happened to me before, so I saved everything and restarted my computer. This didn't help so I decided to open up the attribute table for the layers that weren't showing up - I found that all of them were completely empty even though I spent all day working with the attributes and narrowing down the data. I attached some screenshots of what the tables look like. I don't understand how they all could've gotten deleted- everything is still in my geodatabase but the tables are empty. Also, it wasn't just an issue with the layers that contained public parcels, it was also with other feature classes I created today. Is there any way to retrieve this data in some sort of backup, I have no idea where it went. Hope yall can help! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Option: 1

Please ensure, At the bottom of the table view "Show all Records" button is selected, NOT "Show Selected Records".

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1618974793787.png

Option: 2

If the records are not visible, close all ArcGIS Applications on the machine. Create a new ArcGIS Pro Project, use "Add Data" to add the feature classes. If the data is visible now, there could be an issue with the previous Project file.

Option: 3

If the data is still not visible, use Feature Class to Geodatabase to export these feature classes (Browse the input from its data source) to a new File geodatabase.

Think Location
0 Kudos
NoamAharon
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, none of those steps worked. I created a new project and tried to add the data- it was empty. I also exported the feature class to a new geodatabase and it is still empty when viewing it.  

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share a sample data in a geodatabase or shapefile (zipped), for us to check?

Think Location
0 Kudos