Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute table fields constantly changing appearance?

07-02-2021 12:34 PM
KeithJ
by
New Contributor II

Recently, my fields in Pro starting changing width after queries.  My attribute tables became justified and I'm hoping there is a way to change them back that I haven't found online.  I do some data entry and having to scroll to the end of a table is extremely frustrating.  I usually shrink the fields so that I can see the entire table on one monitor.  

This is just a very simple example, but all the fields expand in appearance after running a query.  Here's a simple example:

State field prior to a query:

KeithJ_0-1625254252992.png

State field after query:

KeithJ_1-1625254282623.png

If anyone knows how to set these field lengths permanently please let me know.

4 Replies
Scott_McGee
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem with the widths of the columns (fields) in my attribute table changing unexpectedly. This started occuring after I upgraded Pro to version 2.8.2. I have noticed this behavior under these situations:

• Calculate a field value (doesn't matter which field)
  • Stop the edit session

Here are screenshots that illustrate the changing column (field) widths under the above situations:

Before

Scott_McGee_0-1630447554966.png

After

Scott_McGee_1-1630447578268.png

This behavior affects any attribute table that I have the focus on. It is really annoying, as I have to constantly resize the widths of the columns to get them back to my optimal view. It really seems like a bug in the software.

Can anyone else replicate this behavior?

KennethElsner
New Contributor II

A case has been opened with Esri TS. #02883364

KeithJ
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Kenneth!

0 Kudos
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Attribute tables jumping to different records, fields resizing, etc. was a major problem until a few versions ago (don't remember which).   I remember all of the problems were finally fixed by an update in 2020, maybe 2.5.2.  It was a major reason I didn't use Pro on a regular basis until that update.  Really disappointing to see this is back. 

0 Kudos