Select to view content in your preferred language

Assistance Needed with Exploring Features from a Joined Table in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.1

09-03-2024 10:46 AM
Labels (3)
KejiLi
by
New Contributor

I am encountering an issue while attempting to explore features from a joined table in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.1. Here’s the situation:

I successfully joined a CSV table to my current layer. However, when I try to explore the new features using the “Data_Explore Features” tool, I receive the following error message: “ERROR 002809: Field Visit_1st in 1 is of an unsupported type for the output workspace.” I have repeatedly double-checked my table to ensure that the “Visit_1st” field is correctly formatted as a date, compliant with GIS standards. I also saved the table as an Excel file and linked it to GIS, but the error persists.

My question is whether this behavior is an expected feature or a potential bug. I have not been able to find any documentation or comments on this issue. I was able to replicate the problem and attempted various workarounds with different feature classes and related tables.

Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KejiLi
by
New Contributor

I used the ArcGIS Pro old version 3.1.3, it worked!! I could explore the features without any problem. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

hmmm date support has changed in 3.3

BUG-000166385 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos