Are there any "best practice" recommendations regarding dedicated display driver settings?

11-10-2014 11:43 PM
YovavZohar1
Deactivated User

Can anyone recommend a "best performance" GPU configuration for the ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

argh,

Systems sent me a laptop with K1100M - not 1000M.

Re-requesting.

J

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

OK we have NO laptops on campus with the 1000M, lowest we go is 2000M (same architecture, higher-grade core).  My own personal demo laptop has fermi core too (4000M) and has no issues.  I've asked if we can procure one from our vendors.

In the meantime, I'd like to pursue the possibility that the intel core is being used instead of the quadro core. 

Can you try the following when ArCGIS Pro is running to try to determine which graphics core is being used?

1. Click Start and then Control Panel. Select Classic View from the left side of the window.
  2. Double-click NVIDIA Control Panel.
  3. Click View and next Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area.
  4. Click the new icon in the notification area. A pop-up will show applications using the NVIDIA graphics.
  5. Do you see ArcGISPro.exe in this list?
0 Kudos
YovavZohar1
Deactivated User

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks again for your efforts.

As shown by the screenshot, the Pro is using the Quadro GPU (Sorry for the Hebrew Interface - Icouldn't change it to English)

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yovav -  just an update - I talked to systems and they're looking into acquiring a notebook which matches these specs (specifically, one which has same graphics chipset) by purchasing from a third party so we can take a look.