ArcPro Version: Upgrade Checklist

12-18-2020 11:10 AM
TimothyCallahan
New Contributor II

Has anyone ever created a checklist to go through before upgrading versions? There were many bugs with 2.6, and I do not want to role out a new version to my 40 or so users if they are going to have issues. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have your checklist to compare to?

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.7—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
TimothyCallahan
New Contributor II

I haven't created a checklist yet. You'd think there would be some basic functionality check list.. ArcPro 2.6 had many issues related to exporting a PDF. I had users that literally could not export.  Plus the release notes are for bugs that "were addressed." I am looking to do a quick quality control check before I upgrade my users. I like the feedback, but not exactly what I am looking for. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, the only options that I know of are

• the "issues addressed" after a release or
  • if you file bug reports, you can "subscribe" to them and you will get notifications about their progress.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SamAdams
New Contributor II

For ArcMap I tried to make a checklist for user workflows that hit all of the basics but for ArcGIS Pro I've been having my users hold of until the 2.x.1 release. The wait between 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 was only 35 days and this took care of most work-stopping bugs for us. 

Version 2.6.1
Build 2.6.1.24783 = ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1
Release Date: 9/1/2020

Version 2.6
Build 2.6.0.24783 = ArcGIS Pro 2.6.0
Release Date: 7/28/2020

TimothyCallahan
New Contributor II

This sounds like the most practical approach unless my users are still experiencing issues at 2.7.1. Thanks!