ArcPro Raster Display

03-21-2019 08:11 AM
ChristopherBarrow1
New Contributor

Hi, I am attempting to bring in two .tif rasters that are the exact same, yet I can't get them to display properly with natural color.  (3 bands, 8 bit unsigned.)  When I load them to ArcMap they symbolize automatically fine.  I'm trying to get used to Pro.

The appearance in ArcPro, for both images, shows RGB for the Symbology, Stretch Type is Percent Clip, the DRA is clicked 'on', Resampling Type is Nearest Neighbor, and Band Combination is Natural Color.  Yet for the life of me I can't figure out why one is displaying correctly and the other isn't.  It's probably something very simple.

See the screenshot.  What am I missing?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Christopher,

My first thought is to re-calculate the statistics on the faulty image in ArcGIS Pro. Does that change anything?

Fingers crossed!

-Lauren

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Compare the statistics of the two images. If they are dramatically different you may need to modify the symbology properties to get similar "stretches".  If you turn off any stretches in both they may be absolutely similar, the sand area may be throwing the default stretch off. I'm guessing the image on the left has a lot more water than the image on the right so the default stretch is emphasizing the water for the one of the left and emphasizing the land for the one on the right.  I would expect the same behavior in ArcMap.

0 Kudos