ArcPro losing database connections

07-30-2018 09:51 AM
BenKeller
New Contributor II

I believe this is ever since the 2.2 update, but has anyone else noticed their database connections always being disconnected upon opening a project? I have to re-add them every time and they do not save. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you been using Pro for multiple versions at this point?

If so, has this ever occurred in a previous version?

What type of database are you connecting to (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, other) and specific version?

0 Kudos
BenKeller
New Contributor II

Yes multiple versions and it has never occurred before. Using SQL Server and 2 different connections (OS and named admin user).

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

What happens when you add some SDE layers to a MXD, and import the MXD into a new Pro project?

0 Kudos
RobHalko1
New Contributor II

Hi Ben,

We had this problem recently, some users on 2.1 as well as 2.2. There is still a bit of mystery behind it because it was happening inconsistently between different users with same/similar configurations (some didn't have issue). We were able to see the issue on Win 7 and 10. Upgrading the SQL client (currently on 11.4.7) fixed the issue for all but one user. So when I say there is a bit of mystery... the one user eventually started working as well, but we're not sure why. Possibly older configuration lingering through multiple Pro upgrades that finally got resolved on a restart...?

Ultimately you'll want to make sure you have latest Pro version as well as SQL client, see if that works and if not report back here and we can compare notes. I'd be curious to see this solve the issue for others (or not).

Rob

BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Yes! This was the fix for me. I believe this behavior started at 2.2 and was not constant among all my users. So far my machine was the only one affected by this. Updating to ODBC driver 11 has solved the problem. Thanks for sharing your issue and input everyone. A win for the forum today! 

0 Kudos
LisaGodwin
New Contributor II

Did you guys find a solution? We're now having this issue on 2.8.

0 Kudos
mthompson
New Contributor III

Having a similar issue in version 3.2.1, where in the middle of editing layers in a map that is was working fine for hours, randomly all the data connections say they are broken. Closing and opening the map again fixes the issue but it is infuriating.

0 Kudos