ArcPro Job Will Not Cancel

01-30-2018 12:33 PM
AnnaRoyar1
New Contributor III

Hello Fellow GIS-ers!

I am having a whale of a time trying to adapt our workflows to ArcPro and have run into a major issue:

While experimenting with ways to share a map within our organization I started ArcPro creating a map template. It was taking a very long time, creating way too big a file on our shared drive and locking up all instances of Arc Pro so I tried to cancel the "job". The cancel button clicks but doesn't work. I tried force quitting but every time I open any project in ArcPro the job starts up again immediately. It seems that my only recourse is to restart my computer, which is not going to work for us. Does anyone know how to cancel a runaway job? or keep jobs from restarting automatically?

Thank you!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

This one worked for me!

0 Kudos
JamesJohnson
New Contributor

ditto

0 Kudos
SteveTaylor5
New Contributor II

This worked for me too, thanks for posting

0 Kudos
DesireeRodriguez
New Contributor

Hey I tried that in my Windows 10  and I press End Task on the task manager but when I reopen ArcGIS Pro the task is still running, it didn't stop or end. Any clue how else to stop it?

0 Kudos
Sean-Sweeney
New Contributor II

This worked for me, thanks!  FWIW this is still an issue in December 2021 on ArcGIS Pro 2.9.

0 Kudos
GeorgeDurkee1
New Contributor III

Last time I had this I found arcgissharingserver in Processes. For some reason, this time in was in Details (within Task Manager). So I ended it there and it worked. Now happened twice, this time trying to share a tiled tiff... . 2 hours for a small file -- enough... .

DougC
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for this recommendation - it worked for me in the recent 3.0.2 release!

Really need that nuke job button to work properly....over to ESRI....