ArcPRo Inquiry

Jump to solution
09-14-2021 09:42 AM
AbrahamOlatunji
New Contributor

Hello, I am new working with ArcGIS Pro 2.8. I realized that when I try to connect with my gdb from the catalog pane it does not show the gdb. I have refreshed it and its still the same issue.

When I look at it from the folder path on my computer it is there

Please what can I do

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AbrahamOlatunji can you provide screenshots of what you're seeing? This would help us get an idea of the issue.

When you connect to a folder, you can connect to the parent folder you GDB sits in, then you should be able to see the GDB sat in there. You can then "Add To Project" to add the database. Once added to the project, you can right mouse click on it and set as default (if that's what you want?)

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AbrahamOlatunji can you provide screenshots of what you're seeing? This would help us get an idea of the issue.

When you connect to a folder, you can connect to the parent folder you GDB sits in, then you should be able to see the GDB sat in there. You can then "Add To Project" to add the database. Once added to the project, you can right mouse click on it and set as default (if that's what you want?)

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
GeraldBartz
New Contributor III
If I am correct, you can only connect with a folder. Unfortunately, a gdb looks like a folder, but it is not. Thus you cannot connect to a gdb. When it is in the catalog you can open the gdb and work with its contents.
0 Kudos