Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPro Crashing!

10-21-2020 09:11 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcPro reminds me of QGIS when it was in it's infancy, constantly crashing. QGIS has come a long way and is so much more stable now. Keeping in mind this is an open source project.

ArcPro on the other hand, not an open source project, but purchased software, is getting worse with every update. Working with fields, domains, and editing causes constant crashes for me. So Esri built in a save feature now to auto save on a crash and it's a good thing, because it crashes quite a bit. If you can't fix the crash errors create an auto save. Oh and the crash reporter no longer works, so I have to email my error reports, so I guess they will never get the error reports. 

I love some of the features in ArcPro, but editing is so much more complicated than ArcMap. So much clicking now. It's sad to see ArcMap fading away and being taken over by an inferior product. Hopefully I will be retired before ArcMap goes away. I feel sorry for all the GIS upstarts, some who may never experience one of the best ever GIS applications....ArcMap.

Tom Kukitz

GIS Analyst

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies