ArcPro crashes using "group" on text

06-29-2022 08:39 AM
Michele
Occasional Contributor

I am running Pro 2.8 and have noticed that every time I try to group text together the software crashed.  Align and distribute work fine, it's just group that causes it to crash.  Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions.  I use this tool a lot!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michele, 

I'm not aware of any general crash when grouping graphic text elements in either a map or a layout. I installed 2.8 and was unable to reproduce a crash. It is likely that the crash is specific to your workflow/data. In  order to troubleshoot we would need more information.

I did a quick search of the bugs listed as fixed for the latest 2.8 service patches. I did not see anything specific to grouping text. However, many times crashes get fixed in one part of the software that affects another part. It's possible that this crash got fixed in a service patch. I would recommend installing the latest patch. This is something that might also have been fixed in 2.9 or 3.0.  

However, this is just speculation. Updating the software may solve the issue and it may not. The only way to be sure is to get a reproducible case that we can test in-house. 

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos
Michele
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response. I am having the issue at work and cannot do anything to the software. It was just reinstalled on my workstation because I wasn’t able to pull excel spreadsheets into my project (I was getting something to the effect that the Microsoft driver couldn’t be found). That is fixed but now I’m having this issue. I’m not back in the office until July 10 so I will double check the version I have after the reinstall and will contact our esri reps if it continues. 

0 Kudos