ArcGIS Pro Topology Not Working

09-12-2019 08:38 AM
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I have been attempting to validate topology errors in the Pro Parcel Fabric (feature service) with little success.  I can see the errors and the potential fixes for them but when I select the appropriate fix nothing happens.  I have tried selecting from the right-click on the error inspector as well as the fix dialog with the same results.

I thought I'd test this out with a simple file geodatabase with just lines and polygons with a 'boundary must be covered by lines rule'.  When I attempt to create the topology via the wizard I get a ERROR 999999 message.

Any ideas here?  I'm submitting a bug as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Any chance you figured this out?  I am having the same problems.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Matthew - sorry that you're running into this.  It looks like the following bug was logged BUG-000122096: In ArcGIS Pro, an error occurs when attempting to sa.. 

You can go to that link and click the Subscribe button.  That will provide updates, and also increment the number of customers affected.

MikeSnook
New Contributor

Hi Kory,

Are there any updates to the issue with the Parcel Fabric Topology error inspector described above?  I have reloaded a fabric twice with the same results.  I am using and PostGres 11 and hosting the fabric via features service for editing in Pro.  When I use the topology Error Inspector and attempt to fix errors (any errors at this point) nothing happens when I select 'Fix' from the preview window or if I right-click the errors in the table.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
KatherineStaley
New Contributor II

I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
BranislavBlagojevic
Occasional Contributor II

This Bug was noted by users in version 2.3, in Beta 2.4, but the ESRI development team, as well as a number of other non-functional things in ArcGIS Pro, persistently, persistently ... I G N O R E  U S E R S!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the same error...Please esri QC your products. This is yet another situation where I have to go back to using ArcMap.

0 Kudos
ArianaToth
New Contributor III

The Bug report linked above says this was fixed in version 2.6 but I'm still having this issue in 2.9. 

Esri, please fix this!

--Ariana
0 Kudos
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

3.0 doesn't seem to work any better.  Topology and tools are really flaky.   Sometimes the 'Validate Topology' button on the ribbon will work, sometimes not.  Other times when that doesn't work, the 'Validate' button on the Error Inspector will work but sometimes not.  Sometimes I can use the 'Fix' pane in the Error Inspector to fix isses that I've highlighted, sometimes not.  There's really no rhyme or reason.

I've been through several support tickets with the fabric and it takes so much of my time that I'm hesitant to start another one.

FWIW We are using 10.9.1 Enterprise, Pro 3.0.1 and PostGres 13.3 backend -- all patches installed on relavent machines.

Mike

Vanilla2020
New Contributor III

I have the similar issue for ArcGIS Pro 3.12. I cannot select any specific errors in the error table through the Error Inspector window, I can only select the errors on the map. Does anyone have the similar issues?