ArcGIS Pro tool load time

Jump to solution
12-08-2022 10:37 AM
Labels (1)
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a user that is experiencing exceptionally long load times to open geoprocessing tools. For example when the user tries to export a feature class from an Enterprise GDB the export tool loads forever without seemingly ever finishing. The same thing happens when the user searches for a specific tool.

So I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. The internet is not the best at his location, but also not the worst in our organization. His laptop is a i7-8650U @1.9 GHz, 16 GB RAM running W11 which isn't great either but within the specifications.

Some additional troubleshooting that I had him do:

1. Accessing the tools from a blank .APRX - Same load time

2. Restart Laptop - Same load time

3. WiFi/Ethernet - Same load time

So at this point I'm thinking it is maybe an installation error or something like that. I don't think it is a networking issue based on the above, so that leaves me with a computer issue, installation issue or licensing issue. He has a basic license but I don't think he is even getting to license validation.

Anyway just thought I'd see if anyone else had a similar issue or had a suggestion.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check the default locations in the application settings. My organization's computers default to a shared network folder for things like My Documents, etc., and this can carry through to the defaults for Pro.

I had experienced dismal performance initially, and found it was due to things like the geoprocessing cache, default geodatabase, and project / backup locations being on a network location rather than local to the computer.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check the default locations in the application settings. My organization's computers default to a shared network folder for things like My Documents, etc., and this can carry through to the defaults for Pro.

I had experienced dismal performance initially, and found it was due to things like the geoprocessing cache, default geodatabase, and project / backup locations being on a network location rather than local to the computer.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Ahh! Yes our home folder is indeed on a network drive. I will see if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Whether you are working with a networked or standalone installation, this link has performance assessment tips

Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos