ArcGIS Pro Symbology Panel

12-28-2017 08:32 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning,

I am noticing some new behavior in ArcGIS Pro, and was wondering if others could replicate the problem--and happen to know of a solution.

I notice that when I make changes to a layer in the Symbology panel and apply the changes, the entire panel deactivates and the layer I was making edits to is no longer selected.  If I want to make more than one change, I have to go back into the Contents panel and select the layer again.  

It seems like the Symbology panel does not stay "connected" to the selected layer in order to make multiple changes.  I don't recall this behavior before and we exclusively use the Pro product.  Can anyone else confirm?  Is there a fix?

It's pretty annoying!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Rachael Chasse‌ I don't see that happening.  I'm working in the current release (ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1)

I can work in the Symbology pane (in this example, on the Structures layer):

When I change the color and click Apply, the layer remains highlighted to continue working on its symbology:

1. Confirm you're working in Pro 2.0.1.

2. Do you see the behavior for every/any layer, or only a specific layer?  Depending on this answer, what is different about that layer?

3. Does it happen in all Projects, or only a particular Project?

I'm interested to hear more. 

Thanks