ArcGIS Pro stays in geocoder rematch mode

05-31-2019 08:55 AM
PeterHansen4
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 with 2 service pack patches installed.  Longtime ArcMap user, recent Pro adopter.

-----

I'm probably missing something simple here, but after I geocode a list of addresses and work through the rematch process, subsequent clicks/uses of the Explore/default cursor sometimes seem to be interpreted as a map-click rematch suggestion for a geocode record.  It manifests as the little "PP" icon on the map where I clicked.  The rematch window is closed, and sometimes even the geocode layer that had been produced is not even in the map.  How can I stop this behavior?

Thanks

19 Replies
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shana,

My team finally has Pro 2.5.1 and I can confidently say that this issue hasn't been fixed. All geocodes were performed using the World Geocoding Service.

0 Kudos
JosephCarpenter
New Contributor

Same issue for me. 

0 Kudos
JamesColbert
New Contributor

I have the same problem too.  Version 2.6.0

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are still encountering this behavior, please provide your exact steps that can consistently reproduce this problem. This will be helpful for us to find a solution as I've not been able to reproduce the behavior. Based on some of the posts there look to be different paths to getting the Rematch mode to be stuck in a bad state.

-Shana

0 Kudos
RichardQuodomine1
New Contributor III

I'm on Pro 2.6.1 and the same problem continues. 

Steps: Import table from .xlsx (MS Office 360) to the native project database.
Geocode said table.
Images of post-geocoding A, B, C etc. persist.
Suspicion: Needs to flush character.
Attempted solution #1: Remove and re-import geocoded table.
Attempted solution: Close and restart ArcGIS Pro.

I suspect that there's a persist in the Geocoder that isn't flushing all leftover data bits. 

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

I'm dealing with this right now in 2.6.2.  I closed the rematch window, edits have all been saved.  I just removed all the pertinent layers and saved ArcPro and the leftover rematch symbols are still there.  Irritating.  It's happened on every layer I've geocoded this month.  It went away after I reopened ArcPro, but still, irritating.  Screenshot below.  Where would I find the rematch window to reopen and try to get rid of these?

rematch error.pngEdit:

I RC my imported CSV table & clicked "geocode table."  Used the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service.

This persists among multiple outputs from tools.  My workflow takes the output of the geocode and does a few spatial joins, projects, and exports from a gdb to shapefile.  I turn off previous layers and it still persists, but I've not removed them individually to test.  

0 Kudos
DennisLatto1
New Contributor II

Its the most frustrating thing EVER!. I cannot for the life of me end the **bleep** rematching process. Even after you save edits, its still there... How is there not an "End rematch" button????

0 Kudos
DennisLatto1
New Contributor II

I for the life of me cannot figure out how to STOP THE REMATCHING PROCESS. It is killing me! There needs to be a button that says "END REMATCH" or something. How is there now??

TravisHaney
New Contributor

Has there been any solve for this?  I get the same thing.

0 Kudos
MichaelMarlatt1
New Contributor II

I've been experiencing this same problem in 2.6.  According to the release notes for 2.7 it is fixed in that version.  Search for BUG-000128312: In ArcGIS Pro, closing the Rematch Addresses pane do.. (esri.com)

I haven't had the new version installed yet but I'm crossing my fingers that this problem is resolved.

0 Kudos