ArcGis Pro software update is not working

08-28-2020 09:56 AM
DaveP
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

When I log into ArcGIS Pro (version 2.6.0), I am prompted with a message saying that "a software update is available for ArcGIS Pro". When I try to download the update, it fails and I prompted with the following error message; "ArcGis Pro and ArcGIS Pro Help must be installed in the same installation context (both as per user, or both as per machine)".

Any guidance or advice on how to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

D.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LukasFalk
Esri Contributor

Hello Dave,

I hope your doing well on this Friday evening.  I took a look into our internal CRM to see if anyone else had experienced your error.  I did find one situation where someone had the same error message thrown.  They were able to alleviate this by uninstalling then reinstalling ArcGIS Pro from their MyEsri page.   I would suggest trying this on your end to see if it will resolve the issue.  You can reference the URL below to see what the MyEsri installation process looks like.  Let me know how that goes for you.

How To: Download and install Esri software from My Esri 

I hope this helps!

Lukas 

0 Kudos
DaveP
by
New Contributor

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for the advice, your suggestion seems to have fixed the issue.

Many thanks.

D

0 Kudos
DaveP
by
New Contributor

Hi Lukas,

I am again experience the same issue when trying to download a software update for ArcGIS Pro, the following error message is received "ArcGis Pro and ArcGIS Pro Help must be installed in the same installation context (both as per user, or both as per machine)". I am not sure if the issue was ever really fixed in the first instance, are you able to provide any advice?

Many thanks.

D

0 Kudos
MDPSAdmin
New Contributor II

same issue ..

attached is log file ...

0 Kudos