ArcGIS Pro Share webmap data not correct in arcGis Online

06-17-2021 06:44 AM
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

When I share a featureclass (share as a web layer) with ArcGIS Pro (2.7) to ArcGIS online, the data is not correct in ArcGIS Online. The featureclass is symbolized with the option “Unique values” and I have select two fields (Field1 and Field2). The data in Pro is ProblemPicture1 and the data ArcGIS Online is ProblemPicture2. As you see the values in Field1 are not the same as in ArcGIS Pro. Is this a bug?ProblemPicture1.PNGProblemPicture2.PNG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

When was the last time you sync'd the Pro data with AGOL?  (Overwrite would the be right terminology on the publish end.)

0 Kudos
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

I did not sync the data, only publish the data from my local data set to an arcgis online featurelayer.

0 Kudos
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Did you edit the data since you published it?  If you did, then you have to republish the data to get it back in sync.  Conversely, if you edited it in AGOL, then you need to pull a copy down and merge it with your existing data and/or replace your existing data for the 2 to be in sync again.

0 Kudos
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

No, I did not edit the data. Only publish once. Can you reproduce the problem. Create the featureclass in ArcGIS Pro and share the featureclass to ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you restart your system > Open a new ArcGIS Pro Project > Add the required Feature Class > Check its attribute table for any anomaly> If everything looks good, Publish again (maybe a new web layer).

Does the issue still persist?

Think Location
0 Kudos
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

Yes, the first time when I saw the problem I though the data is not good. So I start a total new project and add a Featureclass, set the symbology and add some dummy records. Just for testing of the problem also occurs when I create a simple featureclass (see the pictures). Could you reproduce the problem in your Arcgis environment?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you test if the issue occur when the field names are different from FIELDn (Don't Use FIELD1, FIELD2, etc)? Create a new shapefile with field names that make more sense (e.g. AREANAME, POPULATION, GRIDCODE, etc.).

Think Location
0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi,

If you add the web layer to Pro and examine the attribute table, do the fields appear correctly there?

Jonah

0 Kudos
JosZwambach1
New Contributor III

When I add the web layer to Pro then the data appear correctly.

0 Kudos