Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro "ExcelToSQLite has stopped working" error

09-11-2019 11:46 AM
CharlottePeters2
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 advanced, and I keep getting the following "ExcelToSQLite has stopped working" error whenever I open AGP for a new or existing project. The software loads and works fine after I click "Close program". I don't get this error with any other software. Is there anything I can check or do to resolve this error? My internet searches regarding this error came up empty.

If it matters, I also have Microsoft Office 365 v 1907 for Excel and ArcMap v 10.7.0.

Thanks, Charlotte

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
GlennFarrow1
New Contributor
That is exactly what I have been doing ... Otherwise I would be rebooting multiple times a day.
0 Kudos
Will
by
Frequent Contributor

Many users in our organization are getting this error often now with various install versions of ArcGIS Pro in a Windows 10 environment.  One of our users has traced the problem to ArcGIS Pro's indexing service and disabling it seems to fix the problem (see his findings quoted below).  The instructions for disabling it are described on this page about two-thirds of the way down (also see attached graphic). Disabling it seems to have solved the problem for my Pro 2.9.2 install where I had been getting the popup often. It's unclear if this is an optimal option as folks with larger projects could benefit from indexing, and unclear if just unchecking the "Update the index periodically" provides the same solution while retaining some index benefit, but at least the popup is stopped for now.  Esri staff - any insight on if this is the best solution to this problem?

Indexing findings from one of our users "I got the ExcelToSQLite pop-up, opened Task Manager, and watched the CPU usage of that service for a couple minutes. It hovered between 0 and 0.5%. As soon as I closed the pop-up, the CPU usage of the service jumped up over 8%. It then jumped around between 7% and 28%. About a half hour later, I got the ExcelToSQLite pop-up again, and observed the exact same behavior. As soon as the pop-up is closed, the CPU usage of the service takes off"Will_0-1651161964542.png

CharlottePeters95540
Regular Contributor

This issue came back with AGP v2.9. 

Changing the index settings didn't work me.

Installing the Access Database Engine driver worked for me...

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/excel/work-with-excel-in-arcgis-pro.htm

...per this post.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-desktop-core-geoprocessing-gpitem/m-p/1130...

0 Kudos
NinaRihn
Frequent Contributor

Interesting...I am trying to provide guidance to staff on indexing usage and settings so I turned off my "Update the index periodically" setting to see what difference it made, and come to think of it, I haven't gotten the ExceltoSQLLite message in a while... at least a couple of weeks.    

0 Kudos