Select to view content in your preferred language

arcgis pro project viewed in mapviewer

09-13-2023 10:56 AM
Labels (2)
GIS412
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have an ArcGIS Pro project that I've shared as a web layer. This project has a relative connection to a MS SQL Server database.

After publishing this project as a web layer and opening it up in mapviewer I can see there  is an option to view the table(s). Is it possible for a user to add data to this table(s)? I'm not seeing an option for this. I can see a user can edit data though.

Also, if I user edit's data within these table(s) will these changes be pushed to the db automatically? Or would I have to upload this new/edited data through ArcGIS Pro (In the contents pane, right click table then export to my sql server)?

The goal is to have the user using the mapviewer to add/edit/search data and any changes be pushed to our sql server db. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

This sounds a little complicated. Where is the data published? If it's published to ArcGIS Online, I am going to guess, no, the SQL Server will not be updated since the published data in AGOL is hosted within AGOL. Is your data published to your Portal on a registered database (like SQL Server)? If so, then I believe it is possible for the database to be updated when the allowed user makes updates in the map.

0 Kudos
GIS412
by
New Contributor III

Correct, the data is published to our portal. The database is registered.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Then, yes, I believe this should work. If it were me, I would test this out with a 'test user' and see what happens. Beyond that, I have no idea! You might have to mess with the permissions of the database and/or published service.

0 Kudos