Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Polygon Symbology

11-17-2020 07:49 AM
Labels (1)
TomAlbone
New Contributor

Hi,

I've been working with ArcGIS Pro for about a month or so after being a longtime user of ArcMap.  Suddenly my polygon symbols that I had filled with colour are all coming out with loads of dashes across them.  I can't find where to change these back or uncover why they've all changed suddenly, I certainly didn't change any settings!  Please help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @TomAlbone 

I can't be sure why/how the symbology in your map changed, but thought that it might be helpful to provide a short demo of how to get to the layer's symbology so that you can change it.

Change Symbology in ArcGIS Pro 

Also, if you haven't worked through any of the ArcGIS Pro Quick Start tutorials, they're really great to get a feel for working in Pro.  Here is one about working with symbology that might help Symbolize map layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
TomAlbone
New Contributor

Hi @KoryKramer ,

Thanks for your response and for pointing me in the right direction.  I eventually managed to find the properties menu to be able to change each one manually, but couldn't figure out how to change the entire layer short of resetting the symbology type and starting again.  It's a good enough fix for what I need to do so I'll stick with that 🙂

Have a great day! Thank you again.