ArcGIS Pro - Place label at fixed position within polygon

09-10-2020 04:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks. Anyone have any luck getting polygon labels to work in ArcGIS Pro like they do in ArcMap? In Map I often make use of the "Place label at fixed position within polygon" option, where if the polygon centre isn't visible the polygon just doesn't get a label. This is perfect for land sections, as they look much neater with just labels in their centres. In Pro, even with this option check and all internal zones other than centres set to 0 (blocked), the labels still squeeze their way in. Image below showing what I mean, with ArcMap looking the way I'd like and ArcGIS Pro not so much. I know I could turn these into annotations and delete the ones I don't want, but the automated option is much better if the project area changes a bit. Any thoughts? I do have Maplex enabled.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Dave,

I'm not able to reproduce this.  Could you attach a layer package so I can see what other settings are set?

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for looking into this. Making the layer package got me tinkering with it a bit more and I had a hard time reproducing the issue too. It appears to be related to the data frame being rotated. If I set the rotation to 0 the labels work perfectly, but this map has to be rotated -1.5. That's when the labels move off their centres. I've attached a portion of the layer for you to look at.

Thanks!

SK_Sections.lpkx - Google Drive 

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Thanks Dave,

I can reproduce it now and have logged it in to be fixed.

thanks

Wendy

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!

0 Kudos