ArcGIS Pro opening new map forever

Jump to solution
11-09-2022 01:37 PM
Labels (1)
StevenHuang
New Contributor

StevenHuang_0-1668029509711.png

Hi,

I am a student using ArcGIS Pro for a class. In the past 2 weeks or so I have not been able to open any projects, new or otherwise in it. It is permanently stuck on opening new map whenever I attempt to do so. I have reinstalled it 3 times, updated it, run it as administrator etc etc, nothing seems to work. I have left it on overnight to see if it is just very slow and woken up to it still opening new map. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Steven - when I see strange ArcGIS Pro UI issues like this, I exit ArcGIS Pro after saving the project file, rename the Esri folder in the C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to Esri_Old.  Then restart ArcGIS Pro, load your project file and attempt the workflow again. What is the result?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

run the link on this page

Verify your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro 3.0.

What does it say?  

If you are using a Mac, see

Run ArcGIS Pro on a Mac—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Steven - when I see strange ArcGIS Pro UI issues like this, I exit ArcGIS Pro after saving the project file, rename the Esri folder in the C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\users\<user_profile>\appdata\roaming to Esri_Old.  Then restart ArcGIS Pro, load your project file and attempt the workflow again. What is the result?

StevenHuang
New Contributor

This worked, thank you!

srinivasrao1
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I am also encountering same issue. I have installed ArcGIS Pro 3.3 couple of times but Map was seen has loading map.

As per provided solution, I could not able to rename the folders. Please let me know how this issue can be solved.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
srinivasrao1
New Contributor II

Now I am able to resolve with above solution.