ArcGIS Pro Notebook high cell count

10-21-2022 05:09 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I'm encountering a phenomena that I haven't seen before.  While running Notebook, the cell counts are extremely high and non-sequential.  This leads me to think there are processes running in the background ticking up the cell count, and eating memory, but not really sure.  Additionally ArcGIS Pro has been extremely slow especially when Notebook is running. 

The image below shows the first two cells of a particular notebook executed in order within seconds of opening and seconds apart.

TylerT_0-1666354027155.jpeg

Any ideas about what is going on and how to mitigate?

Thank you,

Tyler

Tags (3)
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That seems extremely strange. Can you open the ArcGIS Monitor (Ctrl + Alt + M) to see what tasks are running?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
TylerT
by

@jcarlson, I'm am not familiar with ArcGIS Monitor, so I looked it up.  It appears to be associated with ArcGIS Enterprise, yes/no?  I am not using ArcGIS Enterprise rather stand-alone ArcGIS Pro.  Is there a Monitor for stand-alone ArcGIS Pro or let me know if I'm missing something?  Thanks for your input.

Tyler

ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I didn't have Pro open at the time, and forgot the name of it. It's the Diagnostic Monitor. Just do Ctrl + Alt + M and take a look at the Tasks tab.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
TylerT
by

@jcarlson, 10-4.  Got it now.

So, interesting stats.  The Total CIM Writes-GUI is continually ticking upward with no input by me.  Additionally the Cell Count approximately matches the Total CIM Writes-GUI.  The image below shows the output cell followed shortly after by a screen shot giving a bit of time to tick up Total CIM Writes-GUI higher.  This project was open for less than a few minutes.

TylerT_0-1666363245772.png

And here are list of task that seem to re-appear after a clear and a cell run, and waiting for a bit.  The top two tasks show up immediately after the cell run, and all the other tasks show up after the autosave.

TylerT_1-1666364930389.png

Thanks for your help.

Tyler

0 Kudos