ArcGIS PRO Multiple Issues after 2.3 Update

01-30-2019 09:57 AM
SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

I'm seeing a number of issues after updating to 2.3.  At this rate I'm tempted to just have tech support "watch" on a screen share because the list keeps growing.  Here is what I've observed this morning:

1.  Opening and save times seem to be very slow.  I have observed an opening time of over 3 minutes for a project with two simple layouts open.  I haven't recorded how long things are taking to save, but its definitely longer than before the update.  I have been opening my project frequently - see item #3 below. 

2.  When I save my project the spinning circle disappears and I don't know when the save is complete. This seems intermittent. The circle appears when I first open a project and save but after that sometimes it disappears and other times it works as it should. 

3.  Crashes.  I have experienced 3 crashes in 2.5 hours of work time.  I looked for .dmp reports in the usual place but there are none. 

4 Geo-processing.  I have only used the Clip tool but it seemed to take quite a while, (several seconds), for the tool to open. ArcMap Clip opens much faster. 

5. Legend. When I move the legend on my layout it jumps back to the original location on the first attempt.  The second time I move it, it moves correctly 

6 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount

Hi Sean,

If all these issues are happening on the same install of Pro 2.3, I'd say, yes, please contact Technical Support and log a case with us. There could be a general issue here or it may be something specific to your install. Either way, it would help to have a record of it.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
SeanHlousek

Thanks for the reply Johnathon.

I’ll try to contact tech support as soon as I can. I have a list of things I need to go over – just need to find time (I’m a one-man shop here )

-Sean

0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount

You certainly could try a repair of the software if you wanted before contacting them. It is worth a shot. I'm a little concerned that you are crashing but not getting crash dump files logged. A good reason to get Support involved though.

0 Kudos
SeanHlousek

That’s a good suggestion.

Thanks!

Sean

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue. I created a new project yesterday that seemed to fix the issue, but its back again. 

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Update: Called tech support and after a lot of try "this and that", the recommended that I update my graphics driver and that seems to have solved the issue.