ArcGIS Pro missing minimum and max raster values

03-27-2020 08:11 AM
ArtK
by
New Contributor III

I noticed a frustrating behavior in raster representation on ArcGIS Pro that seems to want to trim my max/min Raster values.

The same raw raster reads In ArcMap 10.3:

High: 325.4

Low: 193.8
(good)

In ArcGIS Pro:

High: 312.8

Low: 235.9

(bad - missing values)

This affects the visualization. Its terrain data, so if I run the contour tool, it DOES work on the lower values in Pro. Basically the symbolism for the raster is just wrong and trims data of the top and bottom. I have tried to change that in the layer symbology with no success. In ArcMap 10.3 the data is represented more accurately and less "lossy", and I can use the custom histogram correctly to focus down towards minimum values for example. In ArcGIS Pro this appears to be impossible as the statistics are wrong in the symbology tab. Additionally if you go to Layer Properties> Source, it says "Statistics have not been calculated". 10.3 says the same thing as well though.

Can anyone help me change this behavior in ArcGIS Pro? Am I suffering from a bug or a "feature"? I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There were lots of issues address since 10.3, Are you basing this on actually finding the min and max of the raster or through symbology through spatial analyst tools.  Can you replicate on a newer version of ArcMap to see if there is a difference between the most current versions

0 Kudos
ArtK
by
New Contributor III

Dan, the problem is not with ArcMap 10.3. 10.3 is working fine and as expected. The problem is with ArcGIS Pro 2.2 symbology / display of raster data. I have another computer running ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and it does look like the bug is fixed in it.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Good that it is fixed... hate to go throught the changelogs

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 2.5—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

sometimes they show up there (if they are major and not minor)

0 Kudos